LEMON DROP SHOT RECIPE
INTRODUCTION: A classic Lemon Drop Shot is a refreshing and tart way to start any party! A classic shot with a tart and tangy twist, the Lemon Drop Shot is perfect for when you need something to wake you up! Made with vodka, lemon juice, and a touch of sweetness, it’s easy to see why this shot is always a crowd favorite.
Like sour shots? Check out our Extremely Sour Warhead Shot recipe.
What is in a Lemon Drop Shot?
This easy recipe only requires 3 ingredients and can easily be made ahead of time. A Lemon Drop Shot has vodka, lemon juice, and simple syrup.
Taste: Sweet, Tangy, Tart
Occasion: Birthday, Bachelorette, A Night Out
Preparation Time: 5 mins
Glassware Type: Shot Glass
Tools: A Jigger or Measuring Cup, Shaker, Strainer
- 1oz Vodka
- 1/2oz Lemon juice
- 1/4oz Simple syrup Granulated sugar for garnish rim
1. Take a lemon wedge and wipe along the rim of your shot glasses and rim with sugar for garnish.
2. Add all ingredients to a cocktail shaker and shake until chilled.
3. Strain mixture into shot glasses.
4. Serve and enjoy!
For an extra tart twist, add a dash of cranberry juice to each shot glass before serving.
If you don’t have simple syrup on hand, you can easily make your own by boiling 1 part sugar and 1 part water until the sugar has dissolved. Let the mixture cool completely before using.
Serve chilled or frozen for a fun twist on the traditional shot.
Can I make these ahead of time? Yes! Lemon Drop Shots can be made up to 2 days in advance. Simply store them in the fridge until you’re ready to serve.
Lemon Drop Shot
- Shot Glass
- Jigger or Measuring Cup
- 1 oz Vodka
- 1/2 oz Lemon juice
- 1/4 oz Simple syrup or white sugar
- Granulated sugar for garnish rim
- Take a lemon wedge and wipe along the rim of your shot glasses and rim with sugar for garnish.
- Add all ingredients to a cocktail shaker and shake until chilled.
- Strain mixture into shot glasses.