MANGO MEXICAN CANDY SHOT RECIPE
INTRODUCTION: This Mexican Candy Shot recipe is a drink flavored with mango puree and tequila. Adding in a dash of BUFFALO WILD WINGS MANGO HABANARO SAUCE, will surely delight your taste buds. Make this spicy, Mango shot for a Cinco De Mayo fiesta or any time of the year.
Like Spicy Shots? Check out our Watermelon version HERE.
What is in a Mexican Candy Shot?
Mexican Candy Shots are made with Finest Call Mango Puree, Triple Sec, tequila, and BWW Mango Habanero Hot Sauce.
Taste: Fruity, Sweet, Spicy
Occasion: Anytime! Perfect for those warmer summer months, especially.
Preparation Time: 5 mins
Glassware Type: Shot Glass
Tools: A Jigger or Measuring Cup, Cocktail Shaker, Cocktail Strainer
Take a lime wedge and wipe along the rim of your shot glasses and rim with chili lime salt for garnish.
Add all your ingredients into a shaker tin and fill with ice, shake for 15-20 seconds to make sure everything is mixed enough.
Strain into your shot glass and enjoy! You can also add a lime wedge to your rimmed glass for something to bite on after taking your shot.
If you want your shot to be a little sweeter, you can always add in a splash of simple syrup.
There are hundreds of different types of hot sauce out there, so feel free to experiment with different flavor profiles!
If you don’t want your drink to be too spicy, simply omit the hot sauce or use less than what is called for in the recipe. You can always add more, but you can’t take it away!
Some people are unfamiliar about the spice, Tajin, so here’s some information for you:
· Tajin is actually a brand name, not just a type of chili lime salt!
· It’s a Mexican seasoning that is made with chili peppers, dehydrated lime juice, and salt.
· Tajin is often used as a condiment for fruits and vegetables, or as a seasoning for meats and poultry.
· It can also be used to rim cocktails, like in this recipe.
The name comes from a Mexican hard candy called a Vero Rebanaditas paletas con Chile.
This classic cocktail has been around for a couple of decades and seems to have originated from Mexico and around the border towns, like El Paso, Texas. Pair it with your Mexican dinner for a fun treat!
Mango Mexican Candy Shot
- Shot Glass
- Jigger or Measuring Cup
- Cocktail Shaker
- Cocktail Strainer
- 1/4 oz Finest Call Mango Puree (Less is more here)
- 1 oz Tequila
- 1/4 oz Triple Sec
- 1/2 oz Pineapple Juice
- Take a lime wedge and wipe along the rim of your shot glasses and rim with chili lime salt for garnish.
- Add all your ingredients into a shaker tin and fill with ice, shake for 15-20 seconds to make sure everything is mixed enough.
- Strain into your shot glass and enjoy! You can also add a lime wedge to your rimmed glass for something to bite on after taking your shot.